Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Classic Albums: Revisited

Lately I've had a craving for the album "Stankonia" by Outkast, kind of like a smoker needs a cigarette. The album was stolen from my collection 6 or 7 years ago, and at the time it was one of my favorite albums of all time. So I've been thinking about the album lately, which got me to thinking if it held to up time. I've had albums which I went back to several years later and found think to be not as good as remembered, maybe it was the time in my life I was at that made them relevent, or maybe my musical palate has been refined, who knows. I fear that listening to "Stankonia" 10 years after its release will not be kind to my memories of the album as a whole. I know songs such as B.O.B. and Gasoline Dreams are still good, but how about the intros, the interludes and some of the forgotten about songs hold up. So I decided i'm going to go buy the album and sit down and listen front to back and than review it still holds up as a complete album. Hopefully I'll have the review posted up by the end of the week, and than I'll let you know what album I'm going to revist next. In the meantime, heres a little banger for ya'll!!!

No comments: