Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Hell-Week Horrorpunk!

HALLOWEEN EDITION!!! Horrorpunk has had a HUGE influence on our lives here at Single Second. This might turn out to be a long post but I'm going to try to do a brief history of my love with Horrorpunk.

It obviously starts with my favourite band of all time... The Misfits. There are so many songs I could have picked. Leave a comment and tell us your favourite Misfits song.




Next band would have to be AFI. Although never really a horrorpunk band, they were most definitely influenced by The Misfits. Here's them covering Demonomania, and pretty much their best song.



After being obsessed with those two bands I started looking everywhere all over the internet for any band that was horror related. Here are SOME of the best ones I've found.

You would be hard pressed to find a better crooner out there than Nim Vind.


I actually have a tattoo inspired by some of the art in Calabrese's album 13 Halloweens.


Zombeast. Obviously heavily Samhain influenced.


I was always uninterested in these guys based on their name, but once I gave them a listen I was hooked.


And lastly, not as much of a horrorpunk band as the rest, but easily one of my favourite bands ever, Cancerslug blurs the lines between punk, doom, horror, folk and even metal at times.





Bonus: SAMHAIN

This one is for all you Elvis fans out there. Best Elvis cover ever.

No comments: